Software Engineer – Frameworks
This is a salaried, full-time role. We are a remote team, and open to candidates worldwide (must be able to partially overlap working hours with UTC-4).
Responsibilities and Duties
The software engineering role is within our frameworks engineering team. The frameworks team works on the back-end frameworks and services that power our email clients. In this role, engineers will design APIs for our client application engineers, and follow a test-driven development methodology. You will focus on implementing highly efficient code, scaling to large amounts of data, handling concurrency within the application, and optimizing for performance.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Expert-level knowledge of Swift, experience with Objective-C a plus.
- Expert-level knowledge of the Cocoa frameworks such as Core Data and Foundation.
- Strong intuition for API design, Test-Driven Development, and building backend systems.
- Knowledge of Internet Mail standards (MIME, IMAP, SMTP, POP, etc) is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, such as OOP programming, operating systems, concurrency, and networking.
Education and Experience
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent. A Master’s or PhD is a plus, but not required.
Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of experience developing applications for Apple’s platforms. However, candidates with a strong general programming background (e.g. fresh CS grad) will also be considered.
About Working at Mimestream
As a software engineer at Mimestream, you’ll be an early employee at our company, and work directly with our founder. In this environment, you’ll receive an unparalleled level of mentorship, and have the opportunity to grow into a world-class engineer yourself. You’ll also be a part of a fast-paced, quick-growing company and get to wear many hats along the way.
You may apply for this role by emailing email@example.com. Please include a PDF copy of your resume, along with your country of residence, and links to any prior work you’d like to highlight.