Software Engineer – Frontend
This is a salaried, full-time role. We are a remote team, and open to candidates worldwide (must be able to partially overlap working hours with UTC-4).
Responsibilities and Duties
The software engineering role is within our application software engineering team. The application team works on the front-end of our macOS email client, building and refining a polished and responsive user interface. You’ll be expected to be able to build highly polished, pixel-perfect UI with smooth animations, add new features, fix bugs, write tests, refactor code, and collaborate with other engineers on application and framework architecture.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Incredible attention to detail and a great sense of visual design.
- Expert-level knowledge of Swift, experience with Objective-C a plus.
- Expert-level knowledge of the Cocoa frameworks such as Core Data and Foundation, and UI frameworks like AppKit, UIKit, and SwiftUI.
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, such as OOP programming, operating systems, concurrency, and networking.
Education and Experience
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent. A Master’s or PhD is a plus, but not required.
Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of experience developing applications for Apple’s platforms. However, candidates with a strong general programming background (e.g. fresh CS grad) will also be considered.
About Working at Mimestream
As a software engineer at Mimestream, you’ll be an early employee at our company, and work directly with our founder. In this environment, you’ll receive an unparalleled level of mentorship, and have the opportunity to grow into a world-class engineer yourself. You’ll also be a part of a fast-paced, quick-growing company and get to wear many hats along the way.
You may apply for this role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a PDF copy of your resume, along with your country of residence, and links to any prior work you’d like to highlight.